In a sad turn of events, our Chevy Suburban bit the dust. It was a good car until the engine died, on the freeway, going up a steep hill, pulling a huge dump trailer, necessitating a tow to the shop. It now resides on the curb unable to move. Just collecting dirt and making our street cluttered right next to our trailer. Both of which are for sale! Anyone interested?!

The death of the Suburgan as Kait called it, did however make it possible for us to purchase this new beauty! Although we both really did NOT want a van. Particularly Jake, as it is a sign that he is no longer anything but a family man. No hot girls look inside vans. Alas, no one ever says "Hey look at that sweet van" nope they never do. But with gas prices climbing with no end in sight, it was simply the best choice until a hybrid SUV is in our price range. That said. I really love the van. It drives like a car. I hardly notice how long it is. It is completely quiet from engine noise and road noise is pretty minimal. It also has a bunch of tricks which I will not bother to bore you with except our favorite one: it has seat memory! and it knows if Jake or I unlock the car and will switch to that person! Try not to be green with Jealousy over that!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
A Death
With Love From The A Team Mom at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thoughts:
We want to switch for a van as well. I said I would NEVER get one, but for the same reason as well as room we are considering it. I am curious to know how much it cost? I think it looks very nice!
Congratulations on your arrival to Minivan Ownership. I was never excited about the idea of driving one, myself, but these new vans are surprisingly nice. I love ours! And our condolences for breaking down with the Suburban. That is NOT fun.
Welcome to the "officially uncool minivan club" :) I actually love our van - Tobey still wants an SUV so he can "haul" things. Men just don't feel as manly behind the wheel of a van I guess. :)
Post a Comment