Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Cost of Sleeping In

I felt very lucky Saturday morning because Ryan woke up at 7:00, ate, and fell back asleep! The much-needed sleeping in was great. I felt somewhat refreshed as we woke up at 9:00. Much to my dismay, Kait, who typically snuggles on the couch with a movie in the morning (and yes she can turn on a DVD all by herself) was not watching a movie. Instead, she had taken both boxes of new Band-Aids, Barbie for her and Curious George for Bug, and used all but five of them on her dolls and herself. She said, “My babies were hurt and I made them better.” The question is this, was sleeping in worth a few boxes of band-aids?

2 thoughts:

Michael said...

Yes, I think it was :)

Shanna said...

I know the feeling well . . . she's a lot like her dad. Once I woke up to all the flour and cocoa dumped out and him driving his cars through it. Another time he had gone through our apartment complex at around 6:00 a.m. with a paper and pencil and told everyone his mom wanted them to write their name and phone number on it. I think a mom scarecrow might be a good idea. You could make a life-sized cut out of yourself and tape it up so it's peeking out from around a corner. I wish I had thought of that about 25 years sooner.