Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's a BOY!



BEFORE...

Saving a lock of curly hair...
Before & AFTER!!



Dear Ryan,
I LOVE your baby hair. It is so soft, silky, smooth, and curly! It is many different pretty shades of brown and blond. I like to wash it and scrunch it to make it extra curly. Since I have never ever cut it, it has gotten a little out of control and very long. It is stylish for boys to have long hair and so I have let it grow and grow. Nevertheless, strangers old and young mistake you for a girl even in your boy clothes. Alas, I think it is time to say goodbye to the hair and turn you into a "real" boy! Brook & I used the flowbee to cut your hair and gave you a lolly pop and the TV to watch. You sat still the entire time even with the incredible noise of the vacuum and the flowbee. (www.flowbee.com It's awesome!) I thought I would be really sad (and I am a little sad) but mostly I think you look super handsome now!! Your hair still has wave and we can style it if we want! You are growing up so fast and are so fun to play with. I tell you "I'm gonna get you" and chase you around the house and you run with your little short legs, sometime backing up until you run into something and then you wait to be tickled. You have beautiful eyes and now they really pop out!
I love you! ~Mom


6 thoughts:

Rachel said...

That is seriously cool! I hate that I either have to trim my boys' hair with scissors (which takes forever since I have only on-the-job training!) or buzz it short. I really like their hair to be cute little boy hair (even though my oldest is 6...he's still little to me!). Too bad it's so expensive. :(

And your little boy looks so cute with his big boy hair! I had a hard time cutting my baby boys' hair too...it's fun to not have to this time around!

Danae said...

Ry is still a handsome guy! Did you save a lock of his hair? You are very brave cutting his hair. It is so hard to get kids to sit still. I need to cut Elizabeth's bangs again-- boy, is that a job!

The A Team Mom said...

Danae- I did save a curl! I was really surprised that he sat still!
Rachael- I just looked and you are right it is expensive. My friend uses it to cut her hubby and son's hair so maybe if you think that it would save you a few haircuts a month? =) of course since you already do it yourself it doesn't really save anything. Maybe you could find one on ebay or craigslist? since it is hooked to the vacuum there is no messy hair clean up! Plus you can cut at a million different lengths. I'm super lucky my friends lets me use hers. I probably better start paying her...!

Camey said...

So cute! I was going to look into it as well, but then read the comments about being expensive. I have wanted to start cutting my son and hubbys hair though because both of them need a cut at least once or twice a month and I want to save money. What cute curls he had. Turned out great though. For a minute I thought you were announcing uwere pregnant. I got your Christmas card. Thanks!

Debbie said...

He looks so cute! It was hard for me to cut Tylers hair the first time too. I understand. He is such a cute little boy!

Laura Alvord said...

He is so handsome! I feel so sad when babies turn from babies to boys/girls. Your family is adorable. It's about time you updated!!!